Nicely Spicy Grilled Chicken
Contributed by: NAPSA
Simply Chic Outdoor Entertaining
(NAPSA) - Whether it's family dinner on the patio, a picnic or a poolside party, keeping it simple, elegant and convenient can make your next outdoor meal complete. These tips can help make the most of the next outdoor meal you host:
- Consider serving the meal family style: in large bowls with serving spoons rather than individually plated. This way, each guest's dishes can be stacked and easily carried outside.
- Use reusable plastic dishes, glasses and utensils. Today's picnic wear is tasteful and has the elegant appearance of glass without the breakability.
- Put those holiday lights back to use. Wrap them around your tent posts, patio, picnic table or a nearby tree for a festive touch that conveniently keeps the area lit into the evening.
- Perfect for picnics or fine dining banquets beneath breezy tents, S.Pellegrino(r) Sparkling Natural Mineral Water and Acqua Panna(r) Natural Spring Water in half-liter plastic bottles are ideal for outdoor entertaining. The durable, flexible, lightweight plastic bottles make it possible to carry the experience of fine dining outdoors effortlessly and conveniently.
Using these simple suggestions can help to make your next outdoor meal convenient and chic. Try the recipe below for an easy and delicious dish that will impress your guests.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup bottled water
- 1 21/2- to 3-pound broiler-fryer chicken, quartered
- 2 tablespoons honey
Combine first seven ingredients.
Place chicken in plastic bag set into a shallow dish. Add marinade; seal bag. Turn chicken to coat well. Chill for 6 to 24 hours, turning chicken occasionally. Remove chicken from bag. Discard marinade.
Arrange preheated coals around a drip pan in a covered grill. Place chicken, bone side down, on grill over drip pan. Cover and grill for 50 to 60 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink, brushing occasionally with honey the last 5 minutes of grilling.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings