Baja Grilled Chicken Chef's Salad
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - Smokehouse flavour with grilled pineapple and corn make this chicken salad a unique summer sizzler:
- 1 cup (250 mL) Diana Sauce, western smokehouse flavour, divided
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) each, brown sugar and cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 cobs corn, husked
- 4 thick rings of pineapple
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) each salt and pepper
- 8 cups (2 L) shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Lime wedges (optional)
Preheat the grill to medium-high and grease the grate. Divide the sauce in half. Stir one half with brown sugar, cider vinegar and vegetable oil. Reserve. Stir the remaining sauce with the lime juice and chipotle peppers until combined.
Brush the corn, pineapple and chicken with the chipotle-sauce mixture; sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Transfer chicken and corn to the grill. Cook, turning once, for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; cook, turning as needed for 9 to 12 minutes or until tender and cooked through. Add pineapple during last 5 minutes of cooking time; turning as needed. Remove everything from grill. Slice chicken and quarter pineapple rings. Use a sharp knife to cut corn into disks.
Divide lettuce between four large plates. Drizzle with some of the reserved dressing. Arrange grilled chicken, pineapple, corn, avocado, red pepper and green onions over lettuce. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Serve with lime wedges (if using).
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings