Super Southwest Scramble
Contributed by: NAPSA
Easy Steps To A Quick And Delicious Breakfast
(NAPSA) - Eating a healthful breakfast provides the energy boost adults and kids need to start the day and perform well at work and school. Fortunately, with a little bit of planning, enjoying a tasty morning meal can be a cinch.
Whether it's breakfast for the whole family or a meal for one on the go, these simple tips from nutrition expert Regina Ragone, R.D., can help make breakfast easy to prepare:
- Stock pantries and refrigerators with nutritious breakfast products such as whole grain cereal, nuts, dried fruits, cereal bars and oatmeal.
- Grab a hard-boiled egg for part of an easy on-the-go breakfast.
- Keep chopped fruit on hand for quick additions or toppings for cereals.
- Set the breakfast table the night before and put out nonperishable foods such as cereal.
- Top an English muffin with veggie sausage or add peanut butter to a whole wheat bagel to add some protein to your morning.
- Look for shortcuts that take the guesswork out of preparing a quick and nutritious breakfast. For example, there's Morningstar Farms(r) Classic Scramble Breakfast Starters(tm)-a tasty blend of red potatoes, veggie sausage, green and red pepper strips and onions. Just add eggs and in less than 10 minutes you'll have a dish to please any palate.
Eating a healthful breakfast is a great way to start the day. For a balanced breakfast, you can serve a nutritious recipe like this with whole wheat toast and low-fat milk or wrap it in a tortilla when you're on the go.
- 4 eggs (or Morningstar Farms(r) Scramblers(r) Egg Substitute)
- 1 package of Morningstar Farms(r) Classic Scramble Breakfast Starters(tm)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
Beat eggs or egg substitute in a small bowl.
Preheat a large (12"), nonstick skillet with 1 teaspoon of oil (or nonstick spray) over medium heat; pour in the contents of the Classic Scramble Breakfast Starters(tm) package. Heat with occasional stirring for 10-12 minutes, then push the vegetable mixture to one side of the skillet and pour beaten eggs into the other half; scramble eggs until cooked. Stir the scrambled eggs and vegetable mixture together until evenly blended; remove from heat.
Season to taste and top with salsa and cheese. Serve immediately.
For more flavorful recipes and healthy breakfast options, visit www.seeveggiesdifferently.com.