Green Salad with Almond Butter Vinaigrette
Contributed by: News Canada
- 6 cups arugula or mixed greens
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup smooth almond butter, ** room temperature
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon raspberry vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, roasted
- 3/4 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
Place greens in a large salad bowl. Whisk together olive oil, almond butter and vinegar in a small bowl until smooth; season with salt and pepper. Divide greens among four salad plates and drizzle with dressing; top with almonds and pomegranate seeds.
**Almond butter may be found next to the jams and jellies in natural food stores and some supermarkets. Otherwise, you can make it by grinding together 1 cup roasted almonds and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a food processor or blender, then adding 3 tablespoons almond or vegetable oil in a slow, steady stream, and blending until the mixture comes together. This recipe makes 3/4 cup.
Serving Size: Makes 6 Servings