Greek Cucumber Pasta
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - The flavours of traditional Greek salad combined in a hot pasta dish.
- 2 cups dried penne pasta 500 mL
- 3 tbsp olive oil 45 mL
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced 2
- 1/2 cup chopped onion 125 mL
- 1 3/4 cups seeded, chopped cucumber 175 mL
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes or diced tomatoes 250 mL
- 1 tsp dried oregano 5 mL
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese 175 mL
- 1/3 cup chopped pitted black olives 75 mL
- Salt and pepper
Prepare pasta as directed on package.
In large skillet, heat oil. Sauti garlic and onion until tender. Add cucumber, tomato and oregano.
Cook about 1 minute until heated through.
Drain pasta and toss with cucumber mixture. Stir in cheese and olives.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serving Size: Makes 4 servings