Neapolitan Nesquik Quivers
Contributed by: NAPSA
Magical Twists To Everyday Meals
(NAPSA) - Simple touches of creativity can bring a magical twist to everyday meals. From enticing picky eaters with well-placed veggies to showcasing artistic abilities, a little imagination ensures a mealtime experience the whole family will enjoy. Following are a few inspirational tips:
- Find new homes for vegetables. Encourage kids to eat vegetables by mixing them in with favorite foods. For example, try adding broccoli to macaroni and cheese.
- Dine on personalized artwork. As dinner is prepared, kids will love crafting place mats out of construction paper and crayons.
- Choose a featured ingredient. Select a favorite fruit, vegetable or seasoning and incorporate it into the meal. From entree to beverage, this is an endless journey of fun and learning!
- Move mealtime outdoors. The backyard is a refreshing backdrop for dining al fresco any night. Serve fun finger-foods, such as Neapolitan Nesquik Quivers, for smiles and carefree cleanup.
- 3 cups fat free milk
- 3 envelopes (7 grams each) unflavored gelatin
- 2/3 cup Nestle(r) Nesquik(r) Chocolate Flavor Powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar blend for baking (such as Splenda(r)) or 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup Nestle Nesquik Strawberry Flavor Powder
COMBINE milk and gelatin in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until gelatin is dissolved. Divide into three 1-cup portions by pouring into three bowls. In one bowl, stir in Nesquik chocolate powder until dissolved. In second bowl, stir in sugar blend and vanilla extract until dissolved. In third bowl, stir in Nesquik strawberry powder until dissolved.
POUR chocolate mixture into 8-inch-square baking pan. Refrigerate for 25 minutes or until firm to touch but not sticky.
SPOON vanilla mixture gently over chocolate mixture. Refrigerate for 25 minutes or until firm to touch but not sticky.
SPOON strawberry mixture gently over vanilla mixture. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
CUT into squares and remove squares with spatula or dip bottom of pan in hot water for 2 seconds; invert pan onto serving platter.
Timing is important. If layers get too chilled they won't stick together. Also, the layers that are not chilling will start to firm up at room temperature if left out too long.
For more creative mealtime ideas, visit VeryBestKids.com.
Serving Size: Makes 25 Squares