Tropical California Fruit Salad
Contributed by: News Canada
Fresh apricot fruit kabobs make summer living easy
(NC) - Now you can enjoy your fresh fruit salad on a stick. Portable and fun, this lovely fruit salad with California fresh apricots makes for good health and good eating. Apricots, strawberries, and kiwi combine to create a salad that bursts with color and flavor - perfect for late spring and early summer holidays, picnics and get-togethers. Popular with both adults and kids, this simple salad makes it easy to eat more fresh fruit.
- 2 cups pitted and sliced fresh apricots (about 6-8)
- 1 1/2 cups stemmed and halved fresh strawberries (a little more than half of 1 pint basket)
- 1 1/2 cups pared and sliced kiwifruit
- 1/4 cup apricot nectar
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes, lightly toasted
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint, crumbled
In large bowl, combine all ingredients; toss and chill. Serve as a salad or arrange fruit on wooden skewers for fresh fruit kabobs.
More information and recipes are available on-line at www.calapricot.com
Serving Size: Makes 5 One-Cup Servings