Grilled Potato and Asparagus Salad
Contributed by: News Canada
Ontario asparagus and potatoes make a zesty spring salad
(NC) - Just 30 minutes is all it takes to prepare this delectable grilled vegetable salad infused with the crisp fragrance of fresh mint and grated lemon rind. Flavours are at their finest when you drizzle Ontario-grown potatoes and asparagus with this zesty salad dressing.
- 4 Ontario Yukon Gold potatoes, half bunch asparagus, trimmed (about 1 lb/500 g)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) grated lemon rind
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh mint or parsley (optional)
Slice potatoes into 1/2 inch (1.25 cm) thick slices and place in large bowl. Add asparagus and drizzle with 2 tbsp (25mL) of the oil. Add half of the garlic and half each of the salt and pepper. Toss well to coat potatoes and asparagus.
Place potato slices and asparagus onto greased grill over medium high heat, close lid and grill, turning once for about 10 minutes for the asparagus and 15 minutes for the potatoes or until golden and crisp. Arrange decoratively onto platter.
In small bowl, whisk together remaining oil and garlic, lemon rind and juice and mustard. Drizzle over grilled vegetables and sprinkled with mint, if using.