Contributed by: NAPSA
Fame And Fortune Could Be Just One Recipe Away
(NAPS) - It takes just one simple recipe idea and you could become a millionaire. The 43rd Pillsbury Bake-Off(r) Contest is open for entries. Entry deadline is April 22, 2007. For more details and to enter, visit bakeoff.yahoo.com.
This recipe example from the 18th Bake-Off(r) Contest fits the Sweet Treats category. These bars pair caramel ice cream topping and chocolate in a chewy filling on an oatmeal-brown sugar crust.
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST(r) All Purpose Flour or All Purpose Unbleached Flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups packed Domino(r) or C&H(r) Brown Sugar
- 1 1/4 cups LAND O LAKES(r) Butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (12.25 oz.) SMUCKER'S(r) Caramel Ice Cream Topping (1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST(r) All Purpose Flour or All Purpose Unbleached Flour
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz.)
- 1/2 cup Fisher(r) Chef's Naturals(r) Chopped Nuts
Heat oven to 350 F. Grease 13x9-inch pan with shortening, or spray with CRISCO(r) Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. In large bowl, beat base ingredients with electric mixer on low speed until crumbly. Reserve half of mixture (about 3 cups) for topping. Press remaining mixture in bottom of pan.
Bake 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine caramel topping and 3 tablespoons flour.
Sprinkle chocolate chips and nuts over partially baked base. Drizzle evenly with caramel mixture; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan, about 1 hour. Refrigerate 1 hour or until filling is set. Cut into 6 rows by 6 rows. Store in tightly covered container.
High Altitude (3,500-6,500 ft.): No change.
Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills (c)2007 - Smucker's and Crisco are registered trademarks of The J.M. Smucker Company. Pillsbury and Pillsbury BEST are trademarks of the Pillsbury Company used under license.
Serving Size: Makes 36 Bars