Butter Poached Jumbo Shrimp with Soba Noodles
Contributed by: News Canada
Celebrate Ontario's abundance of fresh produce
(NC) - Ontario features quality produce from Asparagus to Zucchini year round. Try something new simply by changing up the vegetables in your favorite dish: substitute asparagus for green beans or squash cubes for carrots. Expanding your repertoire with vegetables alone can make a significant difference to both the visual presentation of a dish and of course, the taste.
Recipe by Matthew Dobry, Representing Ontario on Canada's Next Great Chef Season 2
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 shallot (peeled and chopped)
- 2 tbsp (30mL) ginger (peeled and chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and chopped)
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) white wine
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Knorr Hollandaise sauce powder
- 5 tbsp (75 mL) 35% Cream
- 1 lb (500 g) butter cut into small pieces
- 12 pcs jumbo shrimp (de-veined)
- 1 bunch Ontario organic asparagus (cut 1" pieces)
- 2 Ontario organic baby carrots (cut into 1/4's lengthwise)
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked Soba noodles
- 1 sprig coriander (washed and chopped)
In a medium pan heat olive oil and add shallot, ginger and garlic and cook over medium-high heat until tender. Add white wine, Knorr Hollandaise Sauce powder and cream. Reduce heat and whisk in butter. Strain sauce and discard aromatics.
Add shrimp to the reserved sauce. Keep over low heat until cooked.
In a pan, saute the asparagus and carrots, add 1/4 of the butter sauce, cooked soba noodles and coriander. Top with cooked shrimp and serve.
Prep Time: 20 minutes - Cook Time: 15 minutes
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings