Golden Stir Fry With Happy Spice
Contributed by: NAPSA
Simply Sensational - Quick And Easy Meal Ideas
Using Fresh Fruit (NAPSA) - When warm weather arrives, many families look for quick and easy meal ideas that take advantage of the season's bounty of fabulous fresh fruits and vegetables.
For example, one-dish, stove-top cooking lets chefs serve up excellent meals without overheating the kitchen. Consider this luscious dish from the Dole Food Company
- 2 cups Dole Fresh Pineapple Chunks
- 1/2 lb. boneless pork loin, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped, divided
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice or ground cloves
- 1 yellow onion, cut in wedges
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 2 cups Dole Broccoli, cut into florets
Toss pork with 1 clove finely chopped garlic and 1 tablespoon soy sauce in medium bowl.
Combine remaining soy sauce with honey, cornstarch and spice in small bowl. Set aside.
Cook remaining garlic, onion and ginger in 1 teaspoon hot oil for 2 to 3 minutes. Add
remaining oil to skillet with pork. Cook 1 minute, stirring. Add pineapple, squash, broccoli and 2
tablespoons water. Cover, cook 2 minutes. Stir honey-soy mixture; add to skillet. Cook, stirring,
until sauce boils.
Serve with hot cooked rice, if desired.