Golden Yam and Pumpkin Soup
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 1 - 250 ml of 100% apple juice in a Tetra Pak package
- 2 3/4 cups chicken stock - (1 can chicken stock, diluted)
- 1 large yam - peeled and cubed
- 1 large onion - diced
- 1 cup pumpkin puree - available in cans. Make sure it is the puree.
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 2 tsp. freshly grated ginger (do not substitute dried)
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
In a large pot mix together the apple juice and chicken stock. Add the diced onion and the cubed
Bring to a boil. Cover the pot and reduce the heat to simmer. Simmer until the onions and
yams are soft. Approx. 30 min.
Add the pumpkin puree, curry powder, and the freshly grated ginger. Puree the mixture using
a hand blender or a food processor. Can be made up to this step and stored in the fridge covered
for up to 4 days or go onto step 6.
Reheat from the fridge or put it back into the pot from the food processor.
Slowly pour in the evaporated milk. Stir in well. Bring back to hot. Don't boil.
Serve into soup bowls.
Serving Size: Serves 4-6