Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - I love to start a dinner party with some lobster salad martinis while we're mingling; it starts the night off right. The lobster and fresh Ontario Greenhouse vegetables create a really great base for most types of dressings, however, I would avoid the creamy types because you will lose the colour of the fresh Ontario Greenhouse vegetables.
- 1 cup (225 g) Ontario Greenhouse diced cucumber
- 1 cup (225 g) Ontario Greenhouse diced yellow pepper
- 1 cup (225 g) diced green pepper
- 1 cup (225 g) Ontario Greenhouse diced red pepper (optional)
- 1 cup (225 g) Ontario Greenhouse diced tomato
- 2 cups (450 g) lobster meat
- 2 cups (500 mL) mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1- 3 tbsp (15- 45 mL) lobster base to taste
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Accent (flavour enhancer)
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
Mix mayonnaise with Dijon mustard, lobster base, Accent, a dash of Tabasco with salt to taste.
Blend well and toss with vegetables and lobster.
Toss vegetables and the lobster meat individually and layer each item in a martini glass to form a layered salad.
Serving Size: Makes 8 - 12 Servings