Golden Peach and Orange Jam
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
Oranges, maraschino cherries and almonds add extra colour, texture and flavour to this simple family favourite. Great spread on toast, muffins or pancakes.
- 3 1/2 cups 875 mL orange and peach mixture (3 oranges and about 2 lb/1 kg ripe Ontario
- 1/3 cup 75 mL chopped maraschino cherries (optional)
- 2 tbsp 25 mL slivered almonds
- 7 1/2 cups 1875 mL granulated sugar
- 2 pouches CERTO Liquid Fruit Pectin
Remove sections, free from membrane, from 3 medium-sized oranges; dice pulp. Peel and pit
peaches. Chop finely. Add peaches to oranges measuring about 3 1/2 cups (875 mL). Add fruit to
saucepan with cherries and almonds.
Add granulated sugar to fruit in saucepan and mix well.
Place over high heat, bring to a full rolling boil and boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat.
Immediately stir in CERTO Liquid Fruit Pectin.
Stir and skim for 5 minutes to prevent floating fruit.
Pour quickly into warm, sterilized jars filling up to 1/4 inch (0.5 cm) from rim.
Seal while hot with sterilized 2-piece lids with new centres.
Serving Size: Makes about 11 cups (2750 mL)