Glazed Ontario Peach Pie
Contributed by: News Canada
A Winning combination of flaky pastry with a hint of chocolate and a light creamy cheese filling topped with fresh juicy Ontario Peach slices and glaze.
- 2 squares semi-sweet chocolate
- Baked 9-inch (23 cm) pie shell
- 1 pkg (250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup icing sugar 125 mL
- 1/2 tsp almond extract 125 mL
- 1/2 cup whipping cream 125 mL
- 4 Ontario Peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced (2 cups/500mL)
- 2 Ontario Peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced (1 cup/250 mL)
- 1 tsp lemon juice 5 mL
- 1/4 cup sugar 50 mL
- 4 tsp cornstarch 20 mL
Melt chocolate; spread evenly over bottom of baked pie shell. Set aside.
Beat cream cheese, icing sugar and extract together with electric mixer until light and creamy.
Whip cream to stiff peaks. Fold into cheese mixture. Spread over chocolate layer. Chill 1 hour.
Arrange peach slices attractively on top of cheese filling.
Puree peaches and lemon juice in food processor or blender until smooth. Combine sugar and
cornstarch in saucepan. Add peach mixture; mix well. Cook, stirring constantly until mixture
comes to a boil and is thickened. Cool. Spoon glaze evenly over peaches. Refrigerate until firm,
about 2 hours.
Serving Size: Makes about 6 servings