Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 625 mL
- 2 tsp each ground cinnamon and ginger 10 mL
- 1/4-1/2 tsp ground cloves 1-2 mL
- 1 tsp baking soda 5 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened 125 mL
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar 125 mL
- 1/3 cup Corn Syrup 75 mL
- 1 egg 1
- No Stick Cooking Spray
In bowl combine dry ingredients.
In large bowl beat butter and sugar until fluffy; beat in corn syrup and egg until smooth. Beat in dry
ingredients 1/3 at a time until smooth.
Wrap in plastic wrap; chill at least 30 min or overnight.
On lightly floured surface roll out to 1/8" (3 mm) thickness. Cut into shapes. Place on cookie sheets
coated with cooking spray.
Bake at 400°F (200°C) 6-7 min or until lightly browned. Immediately remove from
cookie sheet; cool on rack. Makes about 48 (2 1/2"/6 cm) cookies.
Tip: Cookies may be frozen, in airtight container.
Prep Time: 15 min Bake Time: 6-7 min