Sunkissed Salad Dressing
Contributed by: News Canada
Weight Control Recipes: Make low-fat, creamy dressings with cottage cheese
(NC) - If you are resolved to the task of losing a few pounds now that the extra holiday calories have taken their toll, consider how foods like low-fat, high calcium-and-protein cottage cheese can help you quickly - and better still, deliciously lose weight. The entire Nordica line (www.gaylea.com) has now received the coveted Health Check from the Heart & Stroke Foundation, so here's a recipe for creamy dressing that will turn any winter salad into a wonderful taste of spring:
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) Nordica Cottage Cheese
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated lime rind
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lime juice
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) chili powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 10 cups (2.5 L) mixed greens
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh raspberries
- 1 cup (250 mL) halved grape tomatoes
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped fresh basil
In blender, puree cottage cheese, lime rind, juice and oil until smooth.
Pulse in sugar, chili powder, salt and pepper. Add additional oil or milk if necessary.
In large bowl, combine greens, raspberries, tomatoes and basil. Pour dressing over top and toss to coat evenly.
Serving Size: Makes 6 Servings