Swirlicious Chocolate-Peanut Toffee
Contributed by: NAPSA
Deliciously Creative Gift Giving Ideas
(NAPSA) - Make the holiday season unforgettable for family and friends this year by giving the gift that everyone loves - food.
Whether it's preparing a batch of cookies, or even a home - cooked meal, the most memorable gifts are those that come from the heart.
Homemade gifts, especially food, offer a unique and delicious way to personalize holiday gift giving. Following are a few tips for that special added touch.
- Personalize gifts. Add a fun flair to holiday gifts by wrapping them in colored cellophane, or boxes decorated with glitter or copies of family photographs.
- Make the wrapping a gift in itself. Wrap cookies in a reusable cookie jar, hot cocoa in a decorative tin box, or cheese and wine in a beautiful basket.
- Celebrate holidays long distance. Since not everyone can be around for the holidays, deliver the holiday spirit through the mail with colored bubble wrap, tissue paper, shipping peanuts, or festive envelopes.
- Give the gift of homemade food. Take a moment to prepare a gift from the heart and hand - delicious treats that everyone will enjoy, such as chocolate - covered pretzels, fudge, peppermint bark, or this delicious recipe for Swirlicious Chocolate-Peanut Toffee. These are sure to create long - lasting smiles!
- 1 cup dry - roasted peanuts, chopped, divided
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 2/3 cups (10 - ounce package) NESTLe(r) TOLL HOUSE(r) SWIRLED(tm) Milk Chocolate & Peanut Butter Morsels
LINE 13 x 9 - inch baking pan with foil. Butter foil. Sprinkle 3/4 cup nuts into pan.
MELT 1 cup butter in medium, heavy - duty saucepan over medium heat. Stir in granulated sugar, brown sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes (about 290 F on candy thermometer). Remove from heat. Working quickly, carefully pour hot mixture evenly over nuts in pan. Immediately sprinkle with remaining nuts and morsels. Press down lightly before morsels begin to melt.
REFRIGERATE for about 1 hour or until set. Remove foil; break into bite - size pieces. Store in airtight container at room temperature.
Try substituting 1 2/3 cups (11 - ounce package) NESTLe(r) TOLL HOUSE(r) Peanut Butter & Milk Chocolate Morsels or 13/4 cups (11.5 - ounce package) NESTLe(r) TOLL HOUSE(r) Milk Chocolate Morsels.
For unique and creative gift giving ideas and recipes, visit VeryBestBaking.com.
Serving Size: Makes 40 Pieces