Festive Salmon Dip
Contributed by: NAPSA
Holiday Appetizers Made Easy
(NAPSA) - The busyness of the holiday season can be felt in crowded shopping malls and post offices, and all around town. Adding to the hustle and bustle is the often time - consuming demand of holiday meal preparation - something that, according to culinary expert Lena Cutler, doesn't have to be as complicated as you may think.
"Feeling time - crunched during the holidays is typical, especially if you are in charge of hosting a party for family or friends, or tasked with bringing an appetizer to a holiday shindig," said Cutler. "But there are many simple solutions that not only taste wonderful and will have people thinking you spent hours in the kitchen, but are also quick and easy to prepare."
Cutler suggests making food that can be prepared in advance, like the Festive Salmon Dip below, and using canned or pouched seafood as a way to add unique flavors.
For additional recipe suggestions such as Oyster Stuffed Mushrooms, Clam Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes and more, visit www.chickenofthesea.com. While you are there, join the Mermaid Club for recipe suggestions, special promotions and health information exclusively for members.
- 1 8 - oz. package softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons each: prepared horseradish and chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tablespoon fresh - squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 7.1 - oz. pouch Chicken of the Sea(r) Premium Skinless & Boneless Pink Salmon Pouch OR 2 3.0 - oz. pouches Chicken of the Sea Premium Skinless & Boneless Pink Salmon Pouch
- 1/3 cup minced red bell pepper
- Fresh cut vegetables, crackers and/or toasted baguette slices
Using an electric mixer, cream the cheese until smooth. Add sour cream, onions, horseradish, dill, lemon juice and Creole seasoning; mix until just blended. Gently flake and fold in Chicken of the Sea Salmon and bell pepper.
Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to three days.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Garnish with whips of chives or fresh herbs. This dip is perfect as a spread on green and purple Belgian endive leaves.
Serving Size: Makes 10 (2 oz. each) Servings