Garden Veggie Pizza
Contributed by: NAPSA
Quick Ways To Give Dinner A Deliciously Creative Spin
(NAPSA) - It's easier than you might imagine to add some excitement to your family's favorite dishes such as grilled-cheese sandwiches, mac and cheese, and pizza.
You can give your family's favorite foods a new spin-and save time in the process with Shred Medleys(tm) from the makers of Borden(r) Cheese.
Season Sensations(tm) spice packs cut down on time spent searching for seasonings-just sprinkle the cheese along with the desired amount from the seasoning pack for that extra dash of flavor.
You can give chicken night an Italian flair by adding some tomato sauce and fresh herbs and melting some Tuscan Herb Cheese over the top. Or, feeling a little Southwestern? Spice up a grilled chicken salad by adding some black beans, corn, onions, colorful bell peppers, salad dressing and topping it off with the Southwestern Style Cheese blend.
With a product that encourages creativity yet is convenient to use, even the most amateur cooks now have an easy way to experiment with cooking. Here are a few time-saving creative tips:
- Premade pizza crusts and refrigerated sliced or shredded potatoes can be real time-savers for last-minute meals.
- When you need vegetables cut up for a casserole dish or recipe, visit your grocer's salad bar to save time.
- Keep your pantry and refrigerator stocked with key ingredients such as shredded cheese, jarred sauces, dried pasta and canned vegetables for meals in minutes.
Other creative ways to spice up foods: Toss the Shred Medleys into salads, sprinkle on baked pasta, potato or egg dishes, top pizzas, spice up a classic grilled cheese or any other way your family enjoys the savory taste of cheese. The combination of cheese and spices creates vibrant flavor in any recipe.
Borden Shred Medleys are available in four flavor combinations: Pesto Parmesan, Southwestern Style, Garden Blend and Tuscan Herb. Simply open the cheese, add the amount of seasoning to your liking and combine with any recipe-hot or cold.
Here's a new spin on a family favorite:
Prep. Time: 10 minutes - Bake Time: 10 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups fresh vegetables (bell peppers, mushrooms, red onion and spinach leaves), sliced
- 1 (12-inch) prepared pizza crust
- 6 tablespoons prepared Alfredo sauce, divided
- 1 (7-oz.) package Borden(r) Shred Medley Garden Blend Shredded Cheese, seasoned according to package directions, divided
Preheat oven to 450 F.
Toss vegetables in oil; reserve.
Spread 1/4 cup sauce over crust.
Top with 1 cup seasoned cheese and reserved vegetables. Drizzle remaining sauce over vegetables and top with remaining seasoned cheese.
Bake uncovered for 10 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
Serving Size: Makes One 12-Inch Pizza