1-Dish Sausage & French Toast Breakfast
Contributed by: NAPSA
Delicious Brunches Made Easy
(NAPSA) - Whether it's to celebrate the holidays because guests are in town or simply because you're in the mood for a family meal to please everyone, just about any time can be brunch time.
There are a number of simple and inexpensive ways to save time while pulling a great brunch together. Try these tips:
- Plan Ahead - If you know you're throwing a brunch in the morning, save yourself some time by setting the table the night before. Keep fresh-cut flowers in the refrigerator for a centerpiece.
- Hit The Store - Pick up some quick brunch basics to complement the main dish: ready-to-serve sliced fruit, orange juice, and creamy yogurts with assorted toppings.
- Keep It Simple - Make easy 1-dish recipes and you'll have brunch on the table in minutes, not hours.
Prep Time: 20 minutes - Bake Time: 30 minutes
- 1-Dish Bake & Rise Batter
- Mazola Pure(tm) Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 envelopes Fleischmann's(r) RapidRise Yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk (very warm 120-130û F)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 6 precooked sausage patties
- 3/4 cup pancake syrup, divided
MIX batter ingredients together in a pre-sprayed 8x8-inch baking dish. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Beat together eggs and milk in a separate bowl.
TOP batter evenly with cinnamon, sugar and sausage patties. Pour egg mixture over top. Drizzle with 1/4 cup of syrup.
BAKE by placing in a COLD oven; set temperature to 350 F. Bake for 30 minutes or until done. Drizzle remaining 1/2 cup syrup over top and serve.
For more great 1-Dish recipes, visit www.breadworld.com, the Fleischmann's Yeast Web site. You can view another brunch recipe, 1-Dish Ham & Egg Breakfast.
Serving Size: Makes 6 Servings