Fudgy Pudding Cake
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
This is so easy, the kids can make it with a little help from you. This deliciously chocolaty dessert makes its own fudgy sauce as it bakes. Serve hot from the oven and top with vanilla ice cream or cappuccino gelato.
- 3/4 cup boiling water 175 mL
- 2 tsp Nescafé® Rich Blend instant coffee granules 10 mL
- 3/4 cup Nestlé® Carnation® Evaporated Skim Milk 175 mL
- 1 cup all-purpose flour 250 mL
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar 125 mL
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 75 mL
- 1 tbsp baking powder 15 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 2 tbsp butter, melted 25 mL
- Fudgy Sauce
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar 50 mL
- 2 tbsp sifted unsweetened cocoa powder 25 mL
In 2-cup (500 mL) measuring cup, combine boiling water and
instant coffee until coffee is dissolved.
Stir in evaporated milk; set aside.
In bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Stir in butter and half of the
coffee mixture until smooth (batter will be thick). Spoon into lightly greased 8-cup (2 L) round
ovenproof bowl or casserole, smoothing top.
In small bowl, combine sugar and cocoa; sprinkle over batter. Pour
remaining coffee mixture over top. Do not stir.
Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for 35 minutes or until sauce bubbles and cake is
firm to the touch.
Spirited Fudgy Pudding Cake: Add 2 tbsp (25 mL) dark rum to dissolved instant coffee.
Serving Size: Makes 8 servings
Nutritional Information: Per serving: 196 Calories, 4 g Protein, 4 g Fat, 36 g Carbohydrate