Contributed by: NAPSA
Finding Great Gourmet Gifts
by Bill Ihle
(NAPSA) - You don't need a gift for giving when it comes to choosing great holiday presents.
Simple steps, such as establishing (and sticking to) a gift-buying budget and using the Web to shop around, can save you time and money-and help you find wonderful gifts. Try these tips for shopping online:
- Order early if you can, but don't panic if you can't. Many retailers have last-minute guarantees. It's also important to understand an e-retailer's return policy before you do business with it.
- Choose a versatile gift. Try hitting a site such as HarryandDavid.com to pick up some gourmet food for people on your list. Harry and David is America's largest marketer of gourmet gift fruits, fine chocolates, baked goods, confections and home-decor accessories-so odds are, you'll find something you like. Plus the site features online tools such as "my giftlist," which is a personalized database that remembers you from one holiday season to the next. You can also use the company's catalog to get a good feel for the size and color of items while you shop online.
- Stockpile some inexpensive gifts. They can come in handy if you have unexpected holiday guests.
- Whip up a holiday recipe. If you're going to a party-or just know someone who likes to entertain-try giving this delicious gift:
- 1 jar Harry and David(r) Artichokes Laced with Merlot, drained slightly
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 4-5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 16 1/3-inch-thick French bread baguette rounds
Place artichokes and cheese in bowl. Mix in mayonnaise to form thick spread. Top bread rounds with spread and arrange on baking sheet. Broil until spread is heated through and brown.
For more recipes and gift ideas, visit www.harryanddavid.com or call (877) 322-1200.
Bill Ihle is a nationally recognized expert on gourmet food and easy entertainment, as well as the Executive Vice President of Corporate Relations for Harry and David.