Contributed by: News Canada
Brew something to sip by the fire
(NC) - Welcome guests or simply sit back and relax in front of the fire with this delightful recipe for a Fireside Warmer, complements of www.homebasics.ca.
The deliciously refreshing and natural goodness of Lipton Tea is simmered with cinnamon sticks, cloves and cranberry juice.
- 1 1/3 cups water (325 mL)
- Lipton Red Rose Tea Bags (3)
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken (1)
- 2 whole cloves (2)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (75 mL)
- 1 1/3 cups cranberry juice cocktail (325 mL)
- 1 cup dry red wine (250 mL)
In medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add tea bags and spices; cover and brew 5 minutes. Remove tea bags. Stir in sugar, cranberry juice and wine; heat through. Remove spices and garnish, if desired, with orange wedges or cinnamon sticks.
Serving Size: Makes 6 Servings