Cheesy Herbed Mushroom Caps
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - An easy and quick appetizer to prepare; recruit family members to help fill the caps. Great for Grey Cup party or Holiday celebrations as it can be made ahead of the party.
Preparation Time: 10 -15 minutes
- 1 package (250 g) light cream cheese, softened 1
- 1 clove garlic, minced 1
- 4 small green onions, chopped 4
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce 2 mL
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley 25 mL
- 1/2 tsp dried basil or thyme 3 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 36 medium Ontario Mushrooms 36
- chopped fresh parsley or basil
- diced red pepper or paprika
In medium bowl, blend cream cheese, garlic, onions, pepper sauce, parsley and basil. Mix well. Remove stems from mushrooms and save for future use. Spoon or pipe1 tsp (5 mL) cheese mixture into mushroom caps. Serve immediately or cover and chill until serving. Garnish as desired.
Tip: Cheese mixture can be prepared, covered and chilled a few days in advance of serving.
For more fresh, simple, good recipes visit www.mushrooms.ca.
Serving Size: Makes 36 Appetizers