Sesame Peanut Hummus
Contributed by: News Canada
Homemade hummus is easy and a must-have party dip this season
(NC) - Why put up with the beige-tasting prepared dips you find at the supermarket counter when 10 minutes and blender will get you delightful results you can brag about to friends and family.
Skippy Peanut Butter (www.homebasics.ca) replaces specialty store purchased tahini to make this dip easy, fresh and a pantry-raiding favourite. Scoop it up with fresh pita bread, carrot sticks and, finally, a spoon.
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) chickpeas, drained and rinsed (1)
- 1/4 cup Skippy Smooth Peanut Butter (50 mL)
- 2 tbsp water (30 mL)4 tsp lime juice (20 mL)
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil (10 mL)
- 1 tsp chili paste or hot pepper sauce (5 mL)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 1/4 tsp pepper (1 mL)
- 1/4 cup Bertolli Olive Oil (50 mL)
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds (15 mL)
Combine chickpeas and peanut butter in a food processor and blend until almost smooth. Scraping down sides of bowl when necessary.
Blend in water, lime juice, sesame oil, chili paste, garlic, salt and pepper until combined. With motor running, drizzle in olive oil.
Transfer mixture to a serving dish. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight. Sprinkle with sesame seeds just before serving.
Serving Size: Makes 2 Cups (500 mL)