Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri Pie
Contributed by: News Canada
The fresh taste of strawberries says summertime better than almost any other flavor. This memorable dessert that takes just minutes to prepare shows them off in all their sweet glory.
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs 300 mL
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar 50 mL
- 1/4 cup butter, melted 50 mL
- 1pkg (300 g) frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1 can (300 mL) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups Strawberry Sensation Frozen Yogurt 500 mL
- 1/2 cup orange juice 125 mL
- 1/4 cup lime juice 50 mL
- 2 tsp grated orange rind 10 mL
- 1/2 tsp grated lime rind 2 mL
- Fresh strawberries (optional)
Combine crumbs, sugar and butter; press into bottom and sides of a 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate. Chill
in freezer. Combine strawberries, condensed milk, frozen yogurt, juices and rinds in blender or
food processor; blend until smooth. Pour into prepared crust. Freeze for 3 to 4 hours or until firm.
Garnish with fresh berries (if using).
Serving Size: Makes 8 servings
Nutritional Information: Per serving: about 387 Calories, 8 g Protein, 12 g Fat, 62 g Carbohydrate