Autumn Vegetable Soup With Warm Potato Salad and Crispy Bacon
Contributed by: News Canada
Hunker down with soup and something special on the side
(NC) - Sometimes soup is all you need - comfort and warmth all in one bowl. Other nights, soup just isn't enough. What you need is soup and a little something on the side to titillate your taste buds and take the edge off of a ravenous appetite.
www.homebasics.ca has terrific new soup and side dinner ideas, including this savoury winter potato salad.
- 8 oz small red or white potatoes (225 g)
- 1 tbsp course salt (1 tbsp)
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled (4)
- 1 kosher-style dill pickle, finely diced (1)
- 1 tsp Maille Grainy Dijon mustard (5 mL)
- 1 green onion, sliced thinly (1)
- 2 tbsp bottled vinaigrette- style dressing (30 mL)
- 2-3 sprigs fresh dill (2-3)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups Knorr Autumn Vegetable Soup (500 mL)
Place potatoes and salt in a small pot, cover with cold water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are cooked through. Drain and place in a bowl.
Add the remaining ingredients and lightly mix together. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve with Knorr Autumn Vegetable Soup.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings