Fast n Zesty Fajitas
Contributed by: News Canada
Dinnertime can be easy - it's all in the pouch
(NC) - Make Friday night dinners quicker and easier by enlisting the help of the familiar little Lipton Onion Recipe Soup pouch.
Visit www.homebasics.ca for new ideas for winter favourites, including Swiss Steak with Onion Sauce, Easy Crockpot Stew, Grilled Veggie Brochettes and these southwest fajitas - perfect with a side salad any night of the week.
- 1 pouch Lipton Onion Recipe Soup (1)
- 1/4 tsp chili powder (2 mL)
- 1 lb beef stir fry strips (500 g)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, divided (30 mL)
- 1/2 each: red, green and yellow pepper, sliced (1/2)
- 1/3 cup water (75 mL)
- green onions, finely chopped (3)
- 8 large whole-wheat flour tortillas (8)
- 1 cup grated old cheddar cheese (250 mL)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (125 mL)
Blend soup mix with chili powder. Toss beef strips in soup mixture. Heat half of the oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Add beef to pan in two batches, adding in remaining oil as necessary. Brown on all sides for about 1 minute per batch.
Add in peppers, water and any remaining soup mixture. Cook, stirring often, for 1 minute or until sauce has thickened slightly. Remove from heat and stir in green onions. Divide meat mixture, cheese and sour cream evenly between tortillas. Fold and roll to encase filling.
Serving Size: Makes 8 Servings