Corn Veggie Cornucopia
Contributed by: News Canada
Recipe Box: Kids ask for more of these vegetables
(NC) - Your finicky little ones will eat all their vegetables, all the time, with this secret ingredient: Lemon Thyme Butter. Here's the sumptuous Corn Veggie Cornucopia recipe, courtesy of Gay Lea:
- 1 cup diagonally sliced carrots (about 2) (250 mL)
- 2 cups cauliflower florets (500 mL)
- 2 cups cooked corn kernels (500 mL)
- 2 cups trimmed sugar snap peas (500 mL)
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper (250 mL)
Place carrots in steamer insert set over boiling water; cook for 5 minutes. Add cauliflower; steam for 7 minutes. Add corn and snow peas; steam for 2 minutes. Add red pepper; steam for 2 minutes. Transfer vegetables to serving bowl. Toss in the Lemon Thyme Butter, tossing until it's melted and vegetables are well coated.
More information plus additional recipes for flavoured butters is available online at gaylea.com.
Lemon Thyme Butter:
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Gay Lea Spreadable Butter
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tsp (10 mL) grated lemon rind
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon juice
Combine all ingredients.
Serving Size: Makes 4 - 6 Servings