Turkey, Broccoli and Rice Bake
Contributed by: News Canada
Prep Time: 20 minutes - Cook Time: 30 minutes to one hour
- 2 tbsp/30mL vegetable oil
- 1 cup/250 mL fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup/250 mL onion, chopped
- 1 lb/454 g leftover Butterball turkey breast
- 2 cups/500mL reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cans (15 oz/ 425 mL) chicken broth
- 2 cans (10 oz/285 mL each) cream soup (chicken or mushroom)
- 1 tsp/3 mL dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp/1 mL paprika
- 1 cup/250 mL dry instant white rice
Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C). Coat baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
In large skillet heat oil over medium high heat until hot. Sauté broccoli and onion 5 minutes. Add turkey.
Spread mixture in baking pan and top with 1 cup (250 mL) cheese.
Combine broth, soup, mustard and paprika in skillet. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in rice. Blend with mixture in baking pan.
Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
Remove cover and stir gently. Top with remaining cheese.
Recipe from the Butterball Kitchen
Serving Size: Makes 8 Servings