Frozen Caramel Peach Mousse Pie
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
Ahhh, the fresh taste of Ontario Peaches and the delectably rich flavour of Haagen-Dazs Dulce de Leche ice cream, nestled together in a flaky Tenderflake crust. This sounds like a mouthful, are you ready to try it? Cover and freeze the prepared pie without the peach slice topping, for up to 2 days.
- 2 cups chopped pitted peeled fresh Ontario Peaches (4 to 6 peaches) 500 mL
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar 50 mL
- 2 tbsp peach schnapps or orange juice 25 mL
- 1 envelope unflavoured gelatin
- 1 tub (500 mL) HAAGEN-DAZS(r) Dulce de Leche Ice Cream
- 1 cup 35% whipping cream 250 mL
- 1 Tenderflake deep-dish pie shell, baked and cooled
- Fresh sliced Ontario Peaches (may be peeled)
In saucepan, bring peaches and sugar to boil over high heat; cook, stirring, for 6 to 8 minutes or
until thickened and syrupy. Place schnapps in large bowl; add gelatin and stir to combine. Stir in
hot peach mixture; refrigerate until barely chilled.
Stir 3/4 cup (175 mL) softened ice cream into peaches. Keep remaining ice cream frozen.
Whip cream; fold into peach mixture in 3 additions until a few streaks remain. Spoon into
prepared pie crust; freeze for 3 hours or until firm.
Scoop remaining ice cream and arrange around edge of pie; freeze for 30 minutes. Arrange
fresh peaches on top of pie; serve immediately.
Serving Size: Makes 8 servings