Wild Rice and Turkey Soup
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - Delightfully creamy soup featuring turkey, wild rice and a medley of vegetables.
- 1 tbsp/15 mL vegetable oil
- 2 large carrots, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup/125 mL finely chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups/500 mL leftover cooked Butterball Turkey
- 2 cups/500 mL cooked wild rice
- 3 1/2 cups/875 mL chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp/1 mL salt
- 1/4 tsp/1 mL ground black pepper
- 2 cups/500 mL heavy (whipping) cream
- 2 tbsp/30 mL dry sherry
- 2 tbsp/30 mL chopped fresh parsley, (optional)
Prep Time: 30 minutes - Cooking Time: 20-30 minutes
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add carrots, onions, celery and garlic; cook and stir 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Stir in turkey, rice, broth, salt and pepper; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add cream and sherry; cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Ladle soup into serving bowls; sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired.
Serving Size: Makes 8 1 cup Servings