Ontario Potato-Crusted Salmon
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - Crisp golden brown potatoes create a lacy exterior crust to a moist and flavourful salmon fillet. Serve them up with crunchy green beans tossed with chopped tomatoes for a variety of colour on your dinner plate. More nutritious and delicious recipes are available online at www.ontariopotatoes.ca.
- 1 each small round white and red Ontario Potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper, divided
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated lemon rind
- 4 boneless skinless salmon fillets (about 1-1/2 lb/750 g total)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) butter
- 4 lemon wedges
Grate potatoes on coarse side of cheese grater into bowl. Squeeze potato and discard liquid. Using fork, toss potatoes with oil, cumin and half each of the salt and pepper.
In small bowl, combine parsley, lemon rind and remaining salt and pepper. Rub parsley mixture all over salmon. Coat salmon fillets on both sides with potato mixture, pressing firmly to cover.
In large nonstick skillet, heat remaining oil over medium high heat and panfry fillets for about 4 minutes or until golden brown on one side. Turn over and cook for 3 minutes. Transfer fillets to parchment paper-lined baking sheet and roast in 425 F (220 C) oven about 8 minutes or until golden brown and fish fillet is firm.
Serve with lemon wedges.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings