Courtesy of 1001Recipes2Send.com
Contributed by: NAPSA
Enjoy A Night Out Without Breaking The Bank
(NAPSA) - With the cost of living always on the rise, many of us are faced with the dilemma of whether or not to dine out. Even with limited funds, you can still dine out in style and keep your budget intact.
Here are just a few hints on how:
- Restaurant weeks are a great way to enjoy an elegant meal and try new restaurants without digging deep into the wallet. During this promotional period, consumers have an opportunity to visit restaurants where they can take advantage of a prix fixe menu. These menus often include a salad, entree and dessert for a reasonable, set price. Almost every major city in the United States hosts some type of restaurant week each year. Check out your city Web site to see if it participates.
- Consider eating at a restaurant that has a large tapas, appetizer or meze menu to share with others at your table. Or, to the other extreme, choose meals everyone can enjoy by ordering "family style." Often found at traditional Italian restaurants, these large-portion dishes are perfect for sharing at the single entree price.
- Choosing beverages other than wines and mixed drinks is a great, cost-effective way to enjoy a meal out on the town. When dining on rich pastas and red meat, share a sparkling mineral water such as S.Pellegrino(r) Sparkling Natural Mineral Water. If a light fare interests you, then add the fresh, velvety taste of Acqua Panna(r) Natural Spring Water. Both are less costly, healthy alternatives that help to accentuate the overall dining experience.
- If you enjoy having a cocktail before a meal, why not mix it up and enjoy prior to heading out? Here is a deliciously refreshing drink recipe that is also an easy-to-make, inexpensive treat.
- 1 oz. Sanpellegrino(r) Limonata
- 1 oz. Vodka
- 1 oz. Cointreau
- 1 oz. apple juice
- Twist of lime
In tall collins glass, pour Vodka, Cointreau and apple juice over rocks. Add Sanpellegrino Limonata and a twist of lime.