Linguini Con Pesce
Contributed by: News Canada
Do you have a penchant for pasta?
(NC) - Pasta is the perfect convenience food for time-pressed cooks. After all, it allows you to prepare meals according to what's in season, what's in your refrigerator or what you're craving. From Homebasics.ca comes this spectacular new pasta recipe to add to your repertoire.
- 10 oz linguini (300 g)
- 2 cups broccoli florets (500 mL)
- 1/3 cup Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil (75mL)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced (1)
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined (500g)
- 1/2 lb scallops with their juice (250 g)
- 1/4 cup white wine (50 mL)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley (30 mL)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (50 mL)
In a large pot of salted, boiling water, cook pasta until tender. Add broccoli to pasta water for the last few minutes of cooking. Drain and season lightly with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, warm olive oil. Add onions and cook until soft. Add shrimp and scallops and saute until cooked through. Add white wine and simmer for 3 minutes.
Combine pasta, broccoli, shrimp and scallops. Garnish with parsley and Parmesan.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings