Mediterranean Chicken and Pasta Bake
Contributed by: News Canada
Souperb supper you can prepare in a flash
(NC) - Who says soup has to be sipped? In these weeknight wonders from www.homebasics.ca, soup brings to life family dinners in a flash!
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed, halved (8)
- 1 tbsp Bertolli Olive Oil (15 mL)
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves 1 pkg Lipton SoupWorks Minestrone Soup Mix (1 L)
- 1 can (796 mL/28 oz) diced tomatoes (1)
- 1 tbsp dried basil (15 ml)
- 2 tbsp finely sliced black olives (30 mL)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (250 mL)
Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
In a large, nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat, brown the chicken in olive oil. Remove from skillet and arrange in a single layer in a well-greased 8-inch (20 cm) baking dish. Place the spinach leaves evenly over the chicken.
Combine the minestrone soup mix with the tomatoes, basil and black olives. Spread this mixture evenly over top off the spinach. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese.
Bake 10-15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
Serving Size: Makes 8 Servings