Cheese and Pear Quesadillas
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - This is a simple, tasty recipe sure to please everyone. Makes a great appetizer, snack or main dish.
- 4 (8-inch) whole wheat flour 8" tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced Brie cheese
- 3 tbsp sliced fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped sweet onion
- 2 tbsp chopped hazelnuts
- 1 yellow, USA Bartlett pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp olive oil
On half of each tortilla, sprinkle one-fourth of cheeses, basil, onion, and hazelnuts; top with pear slices.
Fold each in half; brush both sides with olive oil. Heat in nonstick skillet 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until cheese melts and tortilla browns.
Cut each into four pieces and serve with pear salsa.
- 3 USA Bosc pears, cored, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onions 1/4 cup chopped cilantro1/4 cup fresh lime juice 1/4 cup mint
- 1 jalapeņo chili, seeded and chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
Combine all ingredients.
Serving Size: Makes 16 Appetizers Or 4 Main Course Servings