Contributed by: Chris, WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green or red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 package (1 ounce) Williams Cajun Chili Seasoning
- 2 cans (141/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) baked beans, undrained
- 1 can (14 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons diced green onions
Cook bacon in Dutch oven over medium-high heat until bacon is crisp.
Remove bacon to paper towels; crumble and reserve. Discard all but 1 tablespoon bacon
drippings. Add onion and green pepper to drippings in pan.
Cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender, about five minutes. Add chili seasoning,
chicken broth, beans, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and molasses, blending well. Reduce heat;
simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Toss together rice, almonds and green onions. Pack about 1/4 of this mixture into a 1/2-cup
measuring cup which has been sprayed with nonstick spray vegetable coating.
Ladle chili into four serving bowls, dividing equally. Unmold rice mixture in the center of each
bowl of chili. Sprinkle with reserved crumbled bacon and serve hot.
Serving Size: Makes 4 servings