Gingered Butternut Squash Soup
Contributed by: News Canada
Tea works as beautifully on the plate as in the glass
(NC) - When you feel the yen to entertain this fall, turn to these hot ideas from Lipton Tea. Discover just how invigorating and versatile an ingredient tea can be by visiting www.homebasics.ca for tea-based soups, main dishes and desserts.
- 3 tbsp Bertolli Olive Oil (45 mL)
- 1 onion, diced (1)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2)
- 1 tbsp grated gingerroot (15 mL)
- pinch curry powder
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed (2)
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed (1)
- 3 cups Knorr Chicken Broth (3)
- 1 cup Lipton Iced Tea (250 mL)
Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat; saute onions until soft. Add garlic, ginger and curry powder and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add potatoes and squash and cook, stirring for 10 minutes. Add broth and iced tea, stirring to loosen any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer until vegetables are soft, about 15-20 minutes. In small batches, carefully puree mixture in a blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serving Size: Makes 6 Servings