Island Fruit Salad
Contributed by: NAPSA
Refreshing Island Salad Brightens Up Any Season
(NAPSA) - Island Fruit Salad is a refreshing recipe that's easy to make.
This Caribbean-style dish combines the familiar island flavors of pineapples, ripe red plums, star fruit and lime juice with a splash of mild green jalape-o sauce.
The subtle addition of green jalape-o sauce adds the perfect amount of zest to liven up this recipe, while enhancing the fruits' delightful taste.
Topped off with a sprinkling of shredded coconut, this delicious fruit salad makes an ideal midday snack or side dish, and adds flair to any special celebration.
- 1 large pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 red plums, pitted and sliced
- 1 star fruit, sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco(r) green jalape-o sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, toasted
Combine pineapple, plums, star fruit, brown sugar, Tabasco sauce, lime juice and lime peel in large bowl until well mixed.
To serve, sprinkle fruit with toasted coconut.
Serving Size: Makes 6 Servings