Grilled Chicken with Tex Mex Cranberry Glaze
Contributed by: News Canada
Ocean Spray adds a unique flavour to all your recipe favourites with little effort and maximum enjoyment. Try this delicious recipe the whole family is sure to enjoy!
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves or chicken legs (about 2 1/4 pounds/ 1 1/4 kg)
- 1 can Ocean Spray (398 mL) Jellied Cranberry Sauce
- 2 tsp cumin (10 mL)
- 1 tsp grated lime peel (5 mL)
- 2 tbsp lime juice (30 mL)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper (1 mL)
- chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
Heat grill. Combine cranberry sauce, cumin, lime peel, lime juice and jalapeno pepper in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whisking often until smooth. Set aside 1 cup (250 mL) to serve with chicken.
Sprinkle chicken breast halves or legs with salt and pepper; place skin side down on grill. Cover grill. Cook 20 to 30 minutes or until juices run clear when thickest part of chicken is pierced. Turn occasionally and brush with remaining glaze during last 10 minutes of cooking time. Heat reserved glaze; serve over chicken. If desired, garnish with cilantro.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings