Fresh Berry and Pistachio Crunch Parfait
Contributed by: NAPSA
Sample Summer's Sweetest Offerings With Fresh Berries And Whipped Cream (NAPSA) - Summertime has arrived, offering warm weather, endless
sunshine and the sweet, delectable flavor of fresh berries.
As delicious as they are diverse, blueberries and raspberries are perfect in a variety of dishes and especially tasty when served with real whipped cream. Create these "berry" delicious summer treats with fresh blueberries and raspberries, topped off with the dairy goodness of Reddi-wip real whipped cream.
- Raspberry Puree:
- 1 package (12 oz.) unsweetened frozen raspberries, thawed
- 11/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- Berry Mixture:
- 4 cups fresh, seasonal berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries or blackberries)
- 2 Tbsp. confectioner's sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Grand Marnier
- 6 biscotti or sugar cookies, crushed (about 1 cup crushed)
- 1 pint pistachio ice cream
- 6 (12 oz. each) pilsner glasses or tall, stemmed glasses
- Reddi-wip real whipped cream
Blend ingredients in food processor until smooth. Chill.
Toss all ingredients together and chill 10 minutes.
To assemble parfait, place about 1/4 cup of berries in the bottom of each glass. Spoon about 2
Tbsp. raspberry Puree over berries. Place layer of Reddi-wip real whipped cream over Puree.
Sprinkle with about 1 Tbsp. cookie crumbs. Repeat with berries, Puree, Reddi-wip and crumbs.
Spoon remaining berries on top of each parfait and top with small scoop of ice cream. Add
additional Reddi-wip and garnish with remaining crumbs.
Serving Size: Makes 6 servings