Spinach, Peanut and Apple Salad
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - This fresh spinach salad is packed with nutrition and crunch for a satisfying summer side dish.
- 1 lb spinach leaves (400g)
- 2 red apples 2
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds (50g)
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts (75g)
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds (25g)
- 3 tbsp wine vinegar (45mL)
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard (10mL)
- 1/3 cup peanut oil (75 mL)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Wash and shred spinach, chop apples and place in bowl with sunflower seeds, peanuts and sesame seeds.
Combine dressing ingredients and toss with salad.
For more recipe ideas visit www.peanutbureau.ca.
Serving Size: Makes 10 Servings