Classic Burgers With A Twist
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - Who says a burger should be beef? With these exciting recipes and burger options, burger lovers everywhere will be itching to fire up the grill with some exciting new flavours.
The sweetness of the onions, sauce and the burger itself, contrast beautifully with the zip from the goat's cheese. Place a strip of foil on grill under bare bamboo skewers to reduce burning.
Prep time: 15 minutes - Cook time: 15 minutes
- 4 1/2-inch thick rounds red onion
- 1 pkg President's Choice (PC) Thick & Juicy Pork and Sauteed Onion Burgers
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large burger buns
- 2 cups PC Organics Mixed Field Greens Salad Mix
- 1/2 cup soft unripened Goat's Milk Cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup PC Memories of Tuscany Balsamic Vinegar & Fig Sauce
Preheat barbecue to medium. Soak four bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes.
Carefully run skewer horizontally through each onion slice; brush onions with oil. Place onions and frozen burgers on greased grill; cook uncovered for 12 to 14 minutes, turning once. Remove skewers from onions; set onions and burgers aside.
Place buns cut side down on greased grill; heat for 1 minute or until lightly toasted. Place each bun on a dinner plate. Place some greens on each bottom bun and top with a burger. Hold an onion skewer over each burger and draw out the skewer; top with goat cheese, drizzle with Memories sauce and add top bun. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 Servings
Pacific Coast Salmon Burger
(NC) - Many people believe wild salmon has a better taste and texture than farmed salmon- you be the judge after trying this great recipe! A quick citrusy fruit salsa contrasts well with the rich salmon.
Prep time: 10 minutes - Cook time: 20 minutes.
- 1/2 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup diced drained roasted red peppers
- 4 tsp minced red onion
- 2 tbsp President's Choice (PC) Zesty Thai Vinaigrette
- 1 pkg New! PC Blue Menu Wild Thick & Juicy Pacific Salmon Burgers (568 g)
- 4 Whole Wheat Burger Buns
- 8 leaves Boston lettuce
- 8 1/2-inch slices vine-ripened tomatoes
Preheat barbecue to medium heat.
In bowl, combine pineapple, red peppers, red onion and vinaigrette; set aside.
Place frozen burgers on greased grill. Cook uncovered for 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove from grill.
Place buns cut side down on greased grill; heat for 1 minute or until lightly toasted. Place each bun on a dinner plate. Place two lettuce leaves on each bottom bun; top with two slices tomato, a burger, some pineapple salsa and top bun. Serve immediately.
For even more tips and recipes, visit www.presidentschoice.ca.
Makes 4 Servings