Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - Begin your meal with a bang using either of these unique refreshing recipes:
Lamb Spiedini Salad
A great main course salad or hearty appetizer, featuring lamb mini skewers, that comes together in just minutes. Serve with lemon wedges, if you like.
Prep time: 10 minutes - Cook time: 14 minutes
- 1 pkg New! President's Choice (PC) Lamb Spiedini Mini Skewers
- 4 cups PC Organics Field Greens Salad Mix
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup New! PC Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
Preheat barbecue to medium-high heat.
Place frozen skewers on greased grill. Separate skewers once they are warm. Grill with lid up for 6 to 8 minutes, turning frequently, or until meat is browned. Remove from grill.
In bowl, combine field greens, grape tomatoes and red onion. Add vinaigrette; toss to coat. Arrange on large platter. Scatter pecan halves over top. Place cooked spiedini on top of greens. Serve immediately.
Crunchy Green Salad with Beets and Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
PC Cosmo Lettuce is so crisp you can pick this salad up and eat with your hands. Celery and pecans give extra crunch.
Prep time: 15 minutes - Cook time: 6-8 minutes.
- 50 g pecan halves
- 1 pkg New! President's Choice (PC) Cosmo Lettuce
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 can sliced Baby Beets, drained
- 1/2 cup New! PC Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
- 1 ripe Bosc pear, sliced
In nonstick frying pan, cook pecans over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until golden and fragrant. Cool.
Fan lettuce leaves on four dinner plates. Divide celery, beets and pecans among lettuce leaves. Drizzle dressing over each lettuce leaf. Garnish plates with pear slices.
Makes 4 Servings
For even more tips and recipes, visit www.presidentschoice.ca.