Nothing Is Easier On The Hostess Than Dips
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - When it comes to laid-back entertaining, nothing is easier on the hostess or more popular with guests than dips. They're easy to make, can be fancy or casual and are often best prepared in advance. Kick off your next summer get-together with one of the many dips from Hellmann's available at www.homebasics.ca.
Fiesta Avocado Dip
- 3 tbsp Knorr Tomato Vegetable Soup Mix (45 mL)
- 1/2 cup Hellmann's Mayonnaise (125 mL)
- 1 tbsp lime or lemon juice (15 mL)
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, coarsely chopped (2)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander leaves (30 mL)
- 1/2 cup seeded, finely chopped tomatoes (125 mL)
Blend soup mix in the bowl of a food processor for 10 seconds or until coarsely ground. Add mayonnaise and lime juice. Blend well. Add avocado and coriander and, using the pulse button, blend until well combined but still chunky. Transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with tomatoes.
Bacon and Tomato Cheese Dip
- 8 oz extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (227 g)
- 1 cup Hellmann's Smokey Bacon & Tomato (250 mL)
- 1 medium onion, minced (1)
- 1 tbsp horseradish (15 mL)
Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C). Combine ingredients in a medium bowl. Transfer ingredients to lightly greased 6 cup (1.5 L) baking dish. Bake for about 15 minutes or until cheese starts to bubble around the edges.
Creamy Parmesan and Basil Dip
- 3/4 cup Hellmann's Mayonnaise (175 mL)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (50 mL)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil (30 mL)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1)
In a small bowl, blend all ingredients. Serve with fresh cut vegetables, grilled meats or French bread.