Stir Fried King Prawns
Contributed by: News Canada
- 24 large King Prawns
- 3 tablespoons Olive Lea Spread
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped ginger
- 100g snow peas, cleaned and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoon Thai-style chilli sauce
- 1/2 bunch green shallots, cut in 2mm rings
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
Peel and devein the prawns.
Melt the Olive Lea Spread in a wok, add the garlic and ginger, fry for 2 minutes, then add the prawns. Fry for about 3 minutes over moderate heat until the prawns change colour and are cooked.
Remove from the wok with a slotted spoon and put aside.
Increase the heat and add the sugar, chicken stock and chilli sauce, cook until the sauce has reduced and thickened slightly. Reduce the heat and return the prawns to the wok, add the snow peas, green shallots and cashew nuts.
Heat through and serve immediately.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings