Grilled Chipotle Lime Shrimp with Corn Salsa
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - The flavours of the southwest are the perfect complement to the summer's freshest foods such as corn, peppers, shrimp and green onions. You can transform fresh fare by marinating it in a little chipotle, cumin, oregano, garlic and lime juice. Embrace the zesty flavours of the southwest with the help of this fresh recipe from Knorr (www.knorr.ca).
- 3/4 cup Knorr Southwest Chipotle Marinade (175 mL)
- 1 lb large shrimp, tails left on (500 g)
- 2 cups frozen corn niblets, cooked, drained and cooled (500 mL)
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and finely chopped (1)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced (1)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (50 mL)
- 2 green onions, finely chopped (2)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1)
- 1 tbsp each lime juice and vegetable oil (15 mL)
- 1/2 tsp each chili powder and cumin (2 mL)
- salt and pepper
Pour marinade over shrimp in large resealable plastic bag. Marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Preheat grill.
Meanwhile prepare salsa: Combine corn, red pepper, jalapeņo, cilantro, green onions, garlic, lime juice, vegetable oil, chili powder and cumin. Toss well, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove shrimp from marinade, and grill for about 3-4 minutes, turning once.
Serve shrimp with salsa.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings