Watermelon Pizza Supreme
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - This fun tasty snack combines two foods kids truly love: pizza and watermelon. With watermelon being 92 per cent water, not only is this a tasty treat, but also a great hydrator for active kids on a warm summer day.
Kids can be hands-on in the preparation of this no-cook recipe, making the end result that much sweeter.
- 1 10-inch (25 cm) round, 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick watermelon slice, drained on paper towel to remove excess moisture 1
- 1 cup strawberry preserves or jam 250 mL
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips 125 mL
- 1/2 cup raisins 125 mL
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts 125 mL
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut 250 mL
Place the watermelon round on a serving platter and cut into 6 wedges leaving them in the shape of a pizza. Spread the preserves over the watermelon and sprinkle on the toppings.
Serving Size: Makes 6 Servings